Szukaj
 
  Strona główna  
 
 
  Centralny Szlak Rowerowy Roztocza  
 
 
  Kazimierz Dolny - Kraśnik  
 
 
  Lublin - Kazimierz Dolny  
 
 
  Lublin - Wola Uhruska  
 
 
  Nadbużański Szlak Rowerowy  
 
 
  Lokalne Szlaki Rowerowe  
 
 
  Ślady GPS  
 
Centralny Szlak Rowerowy Roztocza: Zwierzyniec - Hrebenne
Linia Mołotowa
Seat of gmina (district) authorities. In 1607, king Sigismund III Vasa issued a decree allowing Samuel Lipski to establish the town of Bełżec based on Magdeburg Law. The town did not develop very well, however, and became a village by the end of the 17th c. In 1921 the village had 293 houses and 1960 inhabitants, including 109 Jews and 265 Ukrainians. During World War II, Bełżec witnessed some of the worst atrocities committed by man. In the years 1942-1943, a death camp existed here where the Germans murdered about 500 thousand Jews from Lublin, Lviv and the entire territory of Galicia, as well as Austria, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Romania and USSR. About 1500 Poles were also murdered, mainly as punishment for helping the Jews. In 1943 the Germans closed the camp down and planted a forest on the site to obliterate evidence of the camp's existence. The Bełżec Memorial Museum was established thanks to the efforts of the American Jewish Committee and the Polish Government, and the opening ceremony took place on 3 June 2004. While the area of the death camp was just over 7 ha, the present memorial covers more than 4 ha.

Worth visiting w Bełżcu!

  • St. Basil Uniate church (wooden), founded in Lipsko in 1757 and moved here in 1838
  • church of Virgin Mary Queen of Poland, founded in 1912
  • St. John Nepomucene's Chapel from the first half of the 19th c.
  • wooden building of the district authority, built in 1830
  • buildings of the former distillery established in the 19th c. Muzeum Miejsce Pamięci (Bełżec Memorial Museum) (tel. 084 665-25-10; www.belzec.org.pl; www.belzec.prv.pl)
  • World War I cemetery, cemetery of soldiers who fell in September 1939, a Gypsy cemetery from 1940 and cemetery of the victims of an 1831 epidemic)

Pas umocnień, w tym licznych betonowych schronów bojowych, który powstał w latach 1940-1941. Pierwsze umocnienia Linii Mołotowa budowano równocześnie z delimitacją granicy niemiecko-sowieckiej już w dniu 15 X 1939 r. Linia Mołotowa miała zwiększyć głębokości obrony Rosjan, jednak niemiecki atak na Związek Radziecki zaskoczył budowniczych. Umocnienia nie spełniły pokładanych w nich nadziei. Obrońcy tylko nielicznych schronów podjęli walkę (np. w Mostach Małych). Obecnie w granicach Polski zachowało się ok. 100 obiektów obronnych.

   
         
   
         

www.turystyka.lubelskie.pl Design by: Sens Studio Wizualne